Our Mission …
Our mission in the School District of Upper Moreland Township is to create a community in which reading, writing, speaking, listening, and thinking serve as the foundation for life-long learning.
- All children should view themselves as readers and writers.
- Children need to be engaged in authentic daily reading and writing activities.
- Children learn best when affirmed and celebrated in a supportive and caring environment.
- Placing appropriate demands and expectations on each child builds self-esteem and results in greater personal success
- Literacy means not only to read, write, speak, and listen, but also to use language to learn, think, and communicate effectively.
- Classrooms need to be print-rich and to contain a wide variety of reading materials, resources, and technology to support a child’s literacy development.
- Children need to enjoy reading and writing and develop life-long literacy habits.